suzzhong

I got a 1099 Misc Copy B from Medium.com (For 16 dollars) because I wrote a few blogs. How do I file a tax return for this? Thanks so much!!

I work full time and write a blog as a very small passion-- but I didn't expect for it to make any money. How do I file this 1099 Misc Copy B after I already filed my W2 taxes?

JulieR

If you have already filed your return, then you will need to wait until the IRS has either accepted or rejected that return before you can amend it to make any changes such as adding this 1099-Misc income.    

• If they reject it, then just make the needed changes and re-submit the return.    

• If accepted, and you are expecting a refund, wait until you have received your refund, then you can go here and get instructions for amending that return.  Amended returns have to be printed and mailed in and take up to 16 weeks to be processed.   

One important note: Before you start the process of amending the return in TurboTax, be sure you have printed a copy of your original return or have saved a PDF copy to your computer. 

suzzhong

Thanks for that info! But where would I add this additional 16 dollars? Is there a specific box I should be putting it in? Appreciate your time!
JulieR

It will be entered under Wages & Income/Less Common Income/Other Reportable Income.