Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@RandyLL 

True..but sometimes you end up beating your head against a wall and manual entry is just faster

Why can't you get the import?

1) sometimes there is a mismatch of what characters are allowed with the sign-in password to the outside account.  In prior years, TTX hasn't allowed special characters for some passwords ...like % & * @ and the like.  Don't know if that is an issue this year, but in prior years, Changing to a simpler password at source fixed it.

2)  Sometimes the actual forms at the outside location are simply not there yet.  Even if you have the actual physical forms yourself, the tax import files for the same forms are specially-formatted may not be available for a week or two after the paper/PDF  forms are ready. 

.........Have no idea how fast TD is.  My brokerage has indicated to me that they won't even have my PDF forms (1099-B/8949, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-OID ) ready until after 13 Feb....and people with REITs in their account may have to wait until March before those are ready.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*