bob_maier31-yaho

I cannot enter the schedule D information in Turbotax deluxe. Is schedule available now, or when will it be available

program indicates info avaiable soon. When is "soon"?
NCperson

if you are using desktop version, just go into forms view....

Schedule D and Form 8949 should be available on 01/14/2021 (subject to change)

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

If you are using the TurboTax desktop editions click on Forms.  When in Forms mode click on Open Form in the upper left.  Enter 1099-B and click on the 1099-B Worksheet.  You can use the worksheet to enter investment sales with gains or losses.  This will transfer to Schedule D and Form 8949 with a result on Form 1040 Line 7.

Note that once the schedule and form is finalized you should go through Step-by-Step for the proper entries on the final tax return.

reschwartz

I get a message that the IRs is still working on the investment sales schedule (Schedule D)/  But the Federal forms availability website says that it is available.  How do I resolve this?

JamesG1

The Federal 1040 Schedule D form is what most people use to report capital gains and losses that result from the sale or trade of certain property during the year.  What income do you need to report?

This comparison of the TurboTax versions show that Schedule D is only supported in versions Premier and Self-Employed.  Scroll down the left side of the screen until you find 'schedule D'.

Schedule D is available.  See here.