turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

paintedh

i cannot enter text into the box for estimated payments and there is a little blue teardrop underneath the line? Is this a glitch in the software or does the blue teardrop mean something

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

i cannot enter text into the box for estimated payments and there is a little blue teardrop underneath the line? Is this a glitch in the software or does the blue teardrop mean something

Does this appear after you enter a user name? 

It sounds like the window for password storage. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
lindaw228

Does anyone know why there is a little blue teardrop?  Is it a glitch in the software or does the blue teardrop mean something??? Please help me!

Are you using Windows and a touchscreen by any chance?    If so, are you able to use the mouse or touch pad instead to select the field and make an entry?

jlewellen7
Returning Member

yes, I am on a Surface and I can't enter my amounts with either the online keyboard or the actual keyboard.  It is driving me mad!!!

@ jlewellen7 wrote:

yes, I am on a Surface and I can't enter my amounts with either the online keyboard or the actual keyboard.  It is driving me mad!!!

I don't have such a device, so I have no way to troubleshoot.  However, I found the following post by a user on a Microsoft forum:

Open the Settings  (gear icon on the Start Menu)

Go to Devices - Typing - Hardware Keyboard

Is "Show suggestions as I type" turned on?

If so turn it off and try again.

If you don't get any other suggestions in this user community forum, here's how to reach TurboTax Support:

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or use this contact form:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Also, try a double-click on the field...there might be a Supporting Details sheet attached that blocks direct entry  (usually that's on the Desktop software...not the Online stuff)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
jlewellen7
Returning Member

Thank you.  

gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

Yes, you should be able to enter the estimated tax payments paid in the screen called "How much did you pay in federal estimated taxes?" The 4 estimated payment due dates are already populated in the screen.  All you have to enter is the amount of payment made by each due date.How much did you pay in estimated taxes

Since I do not see a blue teardrop beneath these payment fields, you may need to revisit the location where you tried to enter the payments and correct.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies