Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am not able to import investment data from Merrill Lynch brokerage because this brokerage is not listed in the list for me to chose

I am using Turbo Tax Home & Business 2022 to do my tax and I could not import my investment data from Merrill Lynch brokerage because it is not listed.  This is bad.  I saw this brokerage was listed in the Turbo Tax software every year; but not this year.  I need help.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I am not able to import investment data from Merrill Lynch brokerage because this brokerage is not listed in the list for me to chose

Merrill Lynch has dropped Lynch from its name. It's now just called Merrill. In the list of financial institutions, select Merrill - Merrill Edge and see if you are able to import your investment data.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Merrill Lynch has dropped Lynch from its name. It's now just called Merrill. In the list of financial institutions, select Merrill - Merrill Edge and see if you are able to import your investment data.

My bad, some how I still couldn't see it in the list of brokers, so I went ahead to delete the tax file and recreated a new tax file, then I saw Merrill in the list again. 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Glad to hear you were able to find it; thanks  for the update.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yeah, it is kind of queer and I noticed that the list of brokers was way shorter than the correct list and it only contained like 10 brokers. The correct list contained at least 100 brokers.  Any way I have to create a fresh tax file again in order to import investment data from Merrill Lynch.  It is better than inputting investment data manually, which is a nightmare.

I could import from Merrill edge for my 1099-int and 1099-div, but not import 1099-B. all other brokerage import I have to go through intuit, but Merrill can import directly from turbotax. but did not have number in 1099-b, also in the invest income have 'untitle' brokerage and wrong gain/loss. thanks for your post,

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@anitahsu2012 

Did you still need assistance with importing your 1099-B or were you able to figure it out?

When you type Merr only one Merrill shows up, I’ve been trying to import my 1099-B since it was available to download from the Merrill site with no luck. “ Look like there’s a technical issue” is the first message I get, followed by “ there was an error importing from this financial institution” and finally “ Try again in a few hours or enter your info in a different way (100)”

Please help

Not able to import form Merrill: no report available from your ID. Please help

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies if you are using TurboTax Online, and reopen TurboTax.  You can also try a different browser.

Also, make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

How to solve if using a desktop app?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

See the following TurboTax Help articles for potential fixes:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies