lionpa1979

I am filing my taxes in California. I was able to efile my federal already. But I can’t efile my state yet. Anybody know why?

SteamTrain

Sure....Many CA tax forms aren't ready ret.

Supposedly a bare 540 should be ready by 27 jan, but a whole ton of CA forms won't be ready to efile until after 10 Feb...so it depends on what forms your CA efile contains:

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products (intuit.com)

_____________________________

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

The IRS will not begin to accept/reject federal returns until January 24.   Your state return cannot be accepted until after your federal return has been accepted by the IRS.

lionpa1979

Thank you kindly.

That explains why I was able to e-file my federal already (even though i need to wait a while I believe the 24th of January?) before they even start taking them in.

Does that sound correct Steam Train?

Thank you for your help!

Pierre

lionpa1979

Thank you xmasbaby0!

I appreciate your help!

Kindly,

Pierre