turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am filing my taxes in California. I was able to efile my federal already. But I can’t efile my state yet. Anybody know why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I am filing my taxes in California. I was able to efile my federal already. But I can’t efile my state yet. Anybody know why?

Sure....Many CA tax forms aren't ready ret.

Supposedly a bare 540 should be ready by 27 jan, but a whole ton of CA forms won't be ready to efile until after 10 Feb...so it depends on what forms your CA efile contains:

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

The IRS will not begin to accept/reject federal returns until January 24.   Your state return cannot be accepted until after your federal return has been accepted by the IRS.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank you kindly.

That explains why I was able to e-file my federal already (even though i need to wait a while I believe the 24th of January?) before they even start taking them in.

Does that sound correct Steam Train?

Thank you for your help!

Pierre

Thank you xmasbaby0!

I appreciate your help!

Kindly,

Pierre

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies