hegstromm

I accidentally chose turbotax self employed instead of turbo tax premier is that a problem

when I started our 2020 return I accidentally chose turbotax self employed instead of turbo tax premier. we only have w2 income. will this be a problem other than being $30 more expensive?

You can use the Self-Employed online edition even if you only have W-2 income.

However, if you do not want to pay extra for this edition you can clear the return and start over with a lower priced edition.

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over with a lower priced edition. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2020 online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

To go back to a lower version you can try to clear and start over.  But it won't be a problem if you used a higher version.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-clear-and-start-over-in-turbotax-onli...

rjs

If you stay with Self-Employed, when you start your 2021 return next year it will start off with Self-Employed. You will be able to switch to Premier, but pay careful attention to the starting screens. They try to steer you to the same edition that you used the previous year.

hegstromm

Thank you so much! I think I will just pay the extra $30 and go back to premier next year since I have invested so much time in this one lol. thank you again...