Anonymous
Not applicable

How to report a TurboTax programming error in the free edition? I have only one 1099-INT form, but the program treated it as two, doubling my interest income/taxable interest

SteamTrain

If on a phone..log off an go to a large tablet or full computer and log in thru a browser.

_____________________________

then Go back to the 1099-INT entry point and see if the are two 1099-INT forms in the 1099-INT table.

IF there are two..hit the trash can next to the duplicate.

______________

____________________

BUT  IF you only see one, go to the left-side navigation...

click on "Tax Tools" 

then "Tools" 

then select "Delete a Form" from the pop-up menu.

...and scroll down the list to see if you have two 1099-INT forms and delete both of them.

then return to the normal entry screens and re-enter the one you need to enter 

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

SteamTrain

_____________________________

______________

____________________

click on "Tax Tools" 

then "Tools" 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, SteamTrain, for your very helpful answer. Unfortunately, I already filed and the return has been accepted by the IRS. I only discovered the error afterwards
SteamTrain

Whether it means much depends on the size of the doubled amount..