Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get 1099-R form automatically entered?

I had read somewhere that Intuit products allow for a PDF of a 1099-R form to be uploaded, so that the system's OCR can figure out the form entries and have them all there so that the user does not have to do the stupid task of typing it in.  However, I can't figure out how to upload this PDF.

No, you cannot upload a PDF of a 1099R

Some 1099R's etc can be imported from the financial institutions that issue them.  However, they are typically not ready for import until later -- even into February.  

To import a 1099R go to Federal>Wages and Income>Retirement Plans and Social Security>IRA,401k, Pension Plan Withdrawals  (1099R)

When you are on the screen that says Let's Enter your1099R, choose import from my bank or brokerage  You will be able to choose from a list of banks/brokerages, etc.

You will need to know the account and user ID that you normally use to go on the website for that intsitution

Anonymous
Not applicable

So the only way I can get this done is to give TurboTax my login credentials?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I'll stick with DEAD TREE filing.