Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get 1099-R form automatically entered?

I had read somewhere that Intuit products allow for a PDF of a 1099-R form to be uploaded, so that the system's OCR can figure out the form entries and have them all there so that the user does not have to do the stupid task of typing it in.  However, I can't figure out how to upload this PDF.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

No, you cannot upload a PDF of a 1099R

Some 1099R's etc can be imported from the financial institutions that issue them.  However, they are typically not ready for import until later -- even into February.  

To import a 1099R go to Federal>Wages and Income>Retirement Plans and Social Security>IRA,401k, Pension Plan Withdrawals  (1099R)

When you are on the screen that says Let's Enter your1099R, choose import from my bank or brokerage  You will be able to choose from a list of banks/brokerages, etc.

You will need to know the account and user ID that you normally use to go on the website for that intsitution

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the only way I can get this done is to give TurboTax my login credentials?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I'll stick with DEAD TREE filing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies