turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zchaney11

How do i verify my rank to get the military discount and be able to file for free?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

How do i verify my rank to get the military discount and be able to file for free?

Simply use your military W-2 to verify rank and your discount will be applied when you file. For discount info, go to our TurboTax military discount site.

We're proud to offer the TurboTax Free File program to hard-working Americans and their families who meet the 2018 IRS eligibility requirements.

The TurboTax Free File program is exclusively available online and has its own dedicated website at taxfreedom.com.  It is not accessible from the "regular" TurboTax.com website.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Is there another step that could be missed? I've used turbotax to file for a decade now and this is the first time I've had any issue getting the military discount. I entered my military W2, checked the box on one of the next pages that says I'm active duty military, but when I go to the final screen it only showed a $10 discount. I've deleted and re-entered my W2 a few times trying everything I could and even entering it all manually and nothing seems to make a difference at all. I tried to get some help from customer service and despite seeming to try for nearly two hours, they couldn't figure it out and the best they could do was offer a 30% off code. I'm hoping there is something we're all missing that someone can find. I'm using Premium as that's what it defaulted me to and the website says that it's also free for military so I didn't worry too much about the version. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies