Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

stebray
Returning Member

How do I report TurboTax Software Errors?

Your picture of our 2020 income shows Capital Gains of $59,151 but my 1099 from Fidelity Investments shows total short and long term gains of $32,894.  Please show me the detail of how you arrived at the larger number.

Thank you for your help.

Ray Stebanski

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

@Joe2020-1  We would love to assist you, but we do not have access to your return or account information in this public forum.  You might be better served reaching out to customer support to get personalized assistance.  

It does sound like the New York and Massachusetts returns are interfering with one another.  You should not have any taxes to Florida.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Have some one to do your taxes. You will never get done with TruboTax

nsug

I had a child as non resident status and had changed the child status to resident alien/ citizen couple of years back. The system still applied the child credit of $500 only as against $1500. When I deleted the child record and added a dependent with same detail I was able to get the correct child credit applied. I wonder if I have to recheck and file a correction for all the previous submission. 😰

2020 turbotax import the data from my 2019 return Turbotax file. It shows over $650000 nontaxable pension income when I had $0. How can we fix this before I file?

@GeorgeMesina wrote:

2020 turbotax import the data from my 2019 return Turbotax file. It shows over $650000 nontaxable pension income when I had $0. How can we fix this before I file?

You may or may not receive help in this cluttered miscellaneous thread containing many users and many topics. 

If you don't get help in this user forum, here's how to reach TurboTax Support by phone, if needed, and they can discuss this with you in realtime.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

jm221
Returning Member

I was done almost done with tax return. Needed to ask one more question in chat box with live person. Late at night so no live person available. Now I’ve tried multiple times to get back in but program keeps sending “turn off program and try again”. It appears as I’m in Intuit’s blue screen. What to do now?

jm221
Returning Member

how can I get back into almost finished return when it keeps giving me the “try again” screen?

I have a long term capital gain of $8000. Our income ( married filing jointly) was approx 45,000.

This return increases my tax by $1200 like the gain was ordinary income and not exempt for under 80k income.

When you enter one taxable transaction, you can't just watch the monitor.  You increased your overall adjusted gross income and with that come many other changes in your return, not just the incremental tax on the one transaction.

Like for example it increased your AGI and that would decrease some deductions if you itemized on Schedule A.  And by increasing your AGI it might reduce some credits you were getting like EIC.  And can make more of any Social Security taxable.

If you have capital gains or qualified dividends the tax is not taken from the tax table but is calculated separately from schedule D.  The tax will be calculated on the Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet.  It does not get filed with your return.  In the online version you need to save your return as a pdf file and include all worksheets to see it.

For the Desktop version you can switch to Forms Mode and open the worksheet to see it.  Click Forms in the upper right (upper left for Mac) and look through the list and open the Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet.

You will need to pay to have someone from Turbotax help correct their errors

check schedule D to make sure this is being reported as a long-term capital gain.  if it is, then check the qualified capital gain and dividend worksheet. 

@sajuaro wrote:

You will need to pay to have someone from Turbotax help correct their errors

If you are using a paid edition, there is no fee for TurboTax phone support. 

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Using the online version , no access to form D

Sure you can.  To see all the forms you need to pay any fees first with a credit card.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-f...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies