Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pipes3428

How do I pick up where I left off? No option to select continue my return. I have logged out and back in several times, deleted cookies, and saved and signed out.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

How do I pick up where I left off? No option to select continue my return. I have logged out and back in several times, deleted cookies, and saved and signed out.

You will log in to your TurboTax Online account using the same password and user name that you used to create your account.  

• Then you will click on Take me to my return.  
  • Next you will click on Continue where I left off, now you can continue to fill out your tax return. 
  • You can also try another browser after closing out of the one you are currently using.                                               
  • Please see the attached screen shots also.                               

View solution in original post

13 Replies

go to my turbotax online
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

You will log in to your TurboTax Online account using the same password and user name that you used to create your account.  

• Then you will click on Take me to my return.  
  • Next you will click on Continue where I left off, now you can continue to fill out your tax return. 
  • You can also try another browser after closing out of the one you are currently using.                                               
  • Please see the attached screen shots also.                               

pipes3428

I don't have a take me to my return option. Just the dashboard with the options to select a product and start my return.
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

If you do not see those options:

Try this workaround:

1. Sign into your account.

2. Click on the My TurboTax menu and select Visit My Tax Timeline.  

3. Under SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO click on Add a state. (You are not adding a state to your return, this allows you to get back into your return.)
pipes3428

When I click on Visit My Tax Timeline, it just takes me back to the Home dashboard. I've tried two different browsers on two different computers
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

Did you close your browser and reopen after you cleared your cache and cookies?
pipes3428

Yes. I even shut down and restarted my computer(s) after clearing my cache and deleting cookies. I've used a Chromebook and a laptop, Chrome and Explorer. I was working on my return this afternoon, and when I came back to it, it had saved and signed me out. When I clicked the link to go back to my return, after I sign in it always takes me to the dashboard. Even when I go in from the main Intuit Turbo Tax site. I will try again tomorrow.
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

Stuck in a loop then, ok please let us know if the problem continues tomorrow!
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

I did some more research and it may be possible that you cleared and started over because you do not have the take me to my return option . Another possibility is if you have another account and may be in the wrong account (different email address). Please click on this link for Account Recovery: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300098">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300098</a>

Please let me know any information thank

I have signed into Turbo tax to complete inputting information for my tax return. However I have made several attempts when clicking on the continue button.  The wheel turns as the program attempts to load my information. "loading your information" for 2 minutes

Next message: "Turbo tax has encountered a problem. Please close your browser window and try to connect to TurboTax online again."   I have tried to connect with TurboTax several times, and this message keeps appearing.  

I would like to complete my return,  Please advise.  Jane 

Returning Member

I have gotten my second check

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@247291 What second check did you receive? Did you have a question about how to file your tax return?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies