turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I file nys quarterly estimated taxes with turbotax home pc electronically? NYS says the software will do it?

I have turbotax 2021 cd version for mac os
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I file nys quarterly estimated taxes with turbotax home pc electronically? NYS says the software will do it?

TurboTax cannot electronically file federal or state estimated tax payments.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for state estimated taxes - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-payments/turbotax-calculate-estimate...

New York website for paying state estimated taxes online - https://www.tax.ny.gov/pay/ind/pay-estimated-tax.htm

NY is a bit special for those....most states don't allow you to set up those estimated payments thru the software.

Several years ago, the NY software,  it did allow you to "arrange" the setup of NY quarterly estimated tax payments  (but that was back for 2017, don't know if they still do). 

However, this would be done at the time you e-filed the original NY tax return.....and I kind-of doubt  the software allows it to be done separately later.  Even if done thru the software at the time you filed your original tax return....TTX would only transmit the data to NY, and then NY would actually do the debit according to how you set it up.

At this time of year....Just paying it thru the NY website (using the NY weblink @DoninGA  indicated) is probably easiest and avoids any potential software complications and finger-pointing as to who is responsible for getting it done.

Here's some pictures from several years ago where the NY payments were set up with the desktop software at time of filing:

1) Part of the NY Information Worksheet in Forms Mode

2)  Section of the Electronic Filing instructions sheet when filed  (different $$ amounts though)

NY_QEst_Efile_1.png

NY_QEst_Efile_2.png

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies