Each tax return requires a separate account with a separate username and password, but you can use the same email address for all of them. Never start another return by going back and overwriting everything in the return you just filed. This will replace your info, which means you won't be able to retrieve your return later.
You might want to switch to the TurboTax CD/Download software to save money
- Unless the additional return/s you want to file in TurboTax Online are simple returns and can be filed using the Free Edition, there is a charge for each additional return filed in TurboTax Online.
- On the other hand, the TurboTax CD/Download software lets you file up to 5 federal returns at no additional cost.
If you still want to start another return in TurboTax Online, here’s what to do:
- Sign out of TurboTax Online.
- Select the TurboTax Online product you want to use for the second return and proceed.
- On the Create your account screen, set up a new user ID for the second return.
- You can reuse your email address if you want to receive e-file notifications for the second return.
- Up to 5 accounts can be tied to the same email address.
- After you've created the new account, you can start working on the second return.
- If you can't create a new account because your web browser automatically logs you into your old account, you may need to clear your browser history, cache, and cookies.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Or did you get another W2 or 1099 or tax form?
You cannot change or add anything on the return that you e-filed. It is too late, just like when you put an envelope in a US mailbox
Now you have to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return. Which won't be until Feb 12 this year. If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account and add or change it and resend it. Click on Add a State to let you back into your return..
If the IRS accepts your return, then you have to wait until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund or paid the tax due. THEN you can prepare an amended tax return 1040X and mail it in. You cannot e-file an amended return. Meanwhile, DO NOT change anything on your return until you start the amended return. If you did change or add the missing info then take it out and put your return back to the way it was when you first filed it.
You can check your efiling status here,
How to amend an Online return