shanejr57

How do I edit my state tax return and take something off because it’s the reason my return got rejected and it won’t let me take it off it just says it doesn’t apply.

CatinaT1

Here's how you can fix it:

Sign in to your account and select the Fix my return button. Follow any “fix it” instructions to update the information causing the rejection.

Note: Not all rejections will have explicit guides to fix the information. You’ll need to navigate to the program area to address the cause of the rejection.

Time-saving Tip: If what you originally entered is correct, you won't be able to e-file. There's probably a data mismatch at the government, a dependent that's already been claimed, or some other situation beyond your control that prevents your return from being e-filed. In this case, your only option would be to print and mail in your return. This article will give you instruction on how to print and mail your return.

Additional reject instruction here.