turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I attatch Neighborhood Assistance forms to VA return if I efile with you?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

How do I attatch Neighborhood Assistance forms to VA return if I efile with you?

You do not need to attach the forms if you are e-filing.  You will take the credit when you prepare your Virginia state return.  Please see #3 of - NEIGHBORHOOD ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (NAP) VIRGINIA STATE TAX CREDITS

You will receive your NAP tax credit certificate directly from the state of Virginia.  This certificate has the information you will enter into TurboTax which will then generate a credit.  The information will be included in your electronically filed tax return, so there is no need to mail anything separately.  

Where in Turbo tax do I input the information from the NAP tax certificate for Virginia?  

Is it to be listed in the same place as charities and donations?  I am using turbo tax for home and business.

Thanks

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

No, the Neighborhood Assistance Program Credit is not in charities and donations area.  You will find this topic in the Virginia interview in the "Credits and Taxes" section.  You will enter your credit amount from the certificate in box presented in that topic.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello, @DMarkM1 

But how do I enter it for the state of Indiana in the TT online software? 

Thank you,

Teresa M.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies