Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello, I got this error: "turbotax was unable to send your return to the intuit electronic filing center, for the following reason: cancelled." Why am I getting this?

When going to e-file my federal return, I get the Error "turbotax was unable to send your return to the intuit electronic filing center, for the following reason: cancelled. looks like we had a technical hiccup." I was having this error last week and I asked this question online here and the question was not solved and then it was deleted. I need help please. Additionally, when I go to print my returns and click "print", the program crashes. I need to be able to file my taxes. Please help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies

Hello, I got this error: "turbotax was unable to send your return to the intuit electronic filing center, for the following reason: cancelled." Why am I getting this?

If you are using a wireless internet connection then try plugging in to send it.  

I tried that and it still did not work.

I tried the steps you listed and It still did not work. I waited and attempted to transmit again, & I also reinstalled the software and will still not let me print and it will not let me transmit. Printing crashes the program and it still gives me the cancelled message when attempting to efile.

I’ll page a Mac person @macuser_22

I have not heard of any crashes.  Do you actually get a crash report or does it just "hang"?
Utilities -> Console -> User Reports     Is there TurboTax crash log?

The uninstall usually takes care of problems if you uninstalled ll the files in the link above.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

What happens if you use File -> Print -> Print for Filing,  then on the pop-up select  PDF -> Open PDF ion Preview?  Does that crash?
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

The program just quits, and A crash report is not listed in the console. File > print crashes the program as well. file> save to PDF returns this error: "nothing to print. It seems some problem while retrieving print list details for Returns."
dellswe1g
Returning Member

I received this same message. It started yesterday when I attempted to efile my FED and NY returns. Support said there were server issues in the AM and to wait until morning as my account might be locked.

Morning came and issues still existed - I then tried to just file FED and no problem - all filed. Then tried NY - no joy - same error. Called support again - this time I installed a new Turbotax build on my laptop, imported tax file and tried again - no joy. Support had me clear browser cookies and cache (no idea why as I am using the Turbo Tab installed software - still n good. Support had me then wipe out my NY return and re-enter everything - still no good.

Support is now telling me there may be forms still not updated in their system - and to wait tll monday - we shall see.

Anyone know if there are detailed logs in the software to see why the return was rejected??

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Please check that your device meets system requirements. If it does not, the CD can download on up to 5 devices so I recommend trying on another device.

Since you are on Home & Business, I recommend doing a manual update.

If you were using the Online version, try to clear cache & cookies.

I have the same error.  I was able to file my child's federal and state returns with no problem, but am unable to efile my own return.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see our Help Article here for further assistance with this error when transmitting your return.  

@dsahjk321 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi,

Thanks for the link.  I am confused - I am using Turbo Tax 2022 Download for Mac.  Why would I need to delete cookies in my browser?

Thanks.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for clarifying.  If you are using the Download/Desktop version, you will need to make sure you have updated your software.  To manually update your software For Mac, please see this Help Article.  

If that doesn't resolve your matter, please reach back out here for further assistance.  

@dsahjk321

[edited 4/3/23 10:11 AM CDT]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies