jherna6511

Hello, I completed my return in March and I was expecting a $1,379 from my state of Michigan and only received $63.00. Did this program make a calculation error?

Note; I am married and we filed joint.

MY STATE REFUND WAS LESS THAN I EXPECTED

The state will send you a letter explaining the change.  TurboTax does not get any feedback from your state after your return is accepted, so no one at TT knows why your state refund was less.   Did you owe back taxes, child support, or student loans?  Traffic fines, etc.?

jherna6511

We do not owe any back taxes, and we are both in our 60's. Note; we did received a letter from the state that mentioned an error in the property tax levied on our home.   

jherna6511

Please note, we have done our taxes thru Turbo Tax since 2017.

@jherna6511 wrote:

If there is a phone number on the letter you received from the state explaining why the refund was changed, then call and speak with an agent for clarification.