Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Green Dot still has not sent me a refund check from October 2022

I was to receive a Federal Refund when I filed my 2021 taxes in October.  (I filed an extension).  I saw that it was actually sent to Green Dot Bank to pay for the Turbo Tax fees to which the remainder was to be mailed to me. 

It's been over 6 months.  No one at the IRS can help me, Green Dot Bank doesn't recognize my social security number and since I do not have an account with Green Dot I cannot talk to a human.  

I'm beyond frustrated, and I don't know what I can do to recover my refund.  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

When you choose "refund processing"   TurboTax gets its fees when the IRS releases your refund.  Your refund goes to the third party bank.  The bank takes out your fees and then that bank sends the rest of the refund to you.

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

You DID have a GreenDot account at one time  ... the number is listed on the form 1040 just above where you would sign.  That temporary account was set up for the IRS to send the refund to ... save a new PDF of the return to review that information along with the bank contract you signed. 

....AND you have now learned the hard way

...NEVER again have your software fees paid from a Federal Refund.

ALWAYS use a Debit or Credit card to pay the software fees

.......then you get the $$ directly from the IRS with nobody in-between to foul things up

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies