Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is search box in turbotax?

I am trying to find where to add the sale of a second home in TurboTax Premier, but there is no obvious place to enter it under investments, only for the sale of a primary residence. The only answer I have found online refers to using a "search" function within TurboTax to locate the proper section, but that must be for an online version ... I cannot find any "search box" in TurboTax Premier ... is there one, and if so, where? Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

I can confirm that I am not using the online version ... I am using local installed Premier version ... there is no "find" in any menu ... so, where is the search box for the installed Premier version?
Anita01

You icon here shows you are using the online version.  The search function is a box labeled Find right in the upper right of your screen.

The second home sale is under investment Income, using the very first topic of  stocks, mutual funds, etc.  You would say you did not receive a 1099-b, ad then the next screen asks for the investment type and the  first choice is second home..

no, I am not using the online version ... I am using local installed Premier version ... no "find" in any menu ... so, where is the search box?
Anita01

Good, it's so much easier to use the installed version.  
Just click on federal taxes at the top of the screen, then click on wages and Income below.  

If you see a screen asking how you want to enter your info, choose enter it yourself.  If you don't see it, that's fine, you can just begin scrolling down the income topics list.

Scroll down to Investment Income, select the first subtopic of stocks, mutual funds, bonds, etc.  

Go through the questions there and you'll say you did not receive a 1099-B for this sale.  

The next screen is where you choose the type of investment you sold and second home is the first choice.
Anita01

The Find window, by the way, is not in a menu.  When you are looking at any screen that has Personal info, Federal Taxes, State taxes, etc, across the top, all you do is look over to the right in the same line as all those topics and there's a long, narrow window with the  word Find at the end of it.  The window and word Find are just above the words Smart Check

Thank you for guiding me on where to find that ... too bad there is no search function

Can’t find search on TurboTax 

Thank you for your help!

Thanks so much!!!  I appreciate your help!!!

dtortora
Returning Member

Give me the steps to find the search box, PLEASE.

I need to fix line 30 on my return.  It refers to the recovery rebate credit. 

To get to the stimulus questions in TurboTax at any time, you can search for stimulus or recovery rebate credit then hit ENTER and there should be a Jump to link

If you are trying to trigger it,

Click on Other Tax Situations at top

Click on Let's get started

Answer some questions then Continue

Then click on Let's keep going

Next screen is for the Third Stimulus, if you qualify

0 Stimulus J.JPG

I am using the CD version of turbotax. review says I need to change  from 1116 to one that allows  a different category of foreign income a nd to use the search button to find out how to do this, but I cannot find a search button or a help button within the working form

Robert187

On my computer in the upper right hand corner of the screen at the end of the third row down task bar is a magnify glass icon with the word "SEARCH" written after it.  Just click the 🔎 icon.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies