larryntt

Getting Error 2 when attempting to file from TT (not online)? "we're experiencing Internet transmission problems. Your transmission did not go through..."

larryntt

I solved it by changing the Win10 security settings, which apparently was blocking the ability to send.  
>> Under ‘Windows Settings’:  Search for ‘Change Security Settings’ ...
At the bottom, click on “Reset all zones to default level.”
Now back to TurboTax, and send.

>> OR:  using Cortina search, then to ‘Settings’ at the top:
Search for ‘Internet Options’ which takes you to Internet Properties popup.
Go to Security tab.
At the bottom, click on “reset all zones to default level.”
Now back to TurboTax, and send.

Did that work for you?  

b thomas

I wrestled with the same Error 2 transmission problem for hours, running Win10.  Turned off my Windows Firewall, deleted all cookies, browsing history, enabled all pop-ups, etc.  Nothing worked.  Even called TurboTax support, and they spent 45 frustrating mins with me trying to fix.  They had no clue what to do.  Then I saw this fix, and .... it worked!  To be certain, be sure to click “Reset all zones to default level.”, AND also set the internet setting on the same screen from "Medium-High" to "Medium".   I'm so grateful I didn't have to print 150+ pages of Federal and State return and mail it.  Thank you larryntt!!

kk732

I have the same problem for 2 days. My internet connection is fine. This is with the desktop version of TurboTax.
larryntt

Now back to TurboTax, and send.

Go to Security tab.
Now back to TurboTax, and send.

Did that work for you?  
bb51

I am running Win 10 and I had to drive the internet setting from 'Medium-High" to Medium. Apply. resent return  in a matter of seconds. Don't forget to return setting to default level.

Six-Strings

I solved this by updating firewall rules to allow outgoing traffic from the executable. In Windows Defender, Outbound Rules, New Rule:

Program

Add program path, usually something like C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Premier 2019\32bit\TurboTax.exe, you will have to check your own drive

Allow the connection

Private (Domain if you are connecting from a Windows domain, like a company network)

There is nothing to change back when you are finished. This is a permanent rule.

Jcw889102

I've been getting this error for 2 days I just test my internet and it's working just fine I'm trying to find my taxes from my phone does anyone know how to fix this

dianesway

I get the transmission error 2 I tried the fix it recommended (secrity settings to defaault) but no luck is the problem aty intuit - I'm on the phone waiting for them it says it will be an hour before they will answer
jamescontizant

TurboTax error code 2 may also arise if the user tries to file or download or transfer it to the taxing authorities. At the time of using TurboTax software, this TurboTax error 2 arises. In case the error persists you can connect to the TurboTax support number. The team members of the TurboTax support number are highly skilled and available 24/7. Get feel free to contact TurboTax support contact number [phone number removed] Now!

b thomas

ohonny

I've been having this same exact problem, and have tried all of the solutions listed, with no luck. I noticed these were from one and two years ago. I was wondering if anyone has found another solution more recently? Any help is much appreciated!

EbonyA

Yes this is an older thread so I would suggest contacting support via phone if none of the solutions that previously worked for others is working for you. Contact number can be found here. Additionally, you may also review this FAQ @ohonny.