Solved: From the HSA section, for the question "Any contributions you personally made (not through your employer)", should I enter the amount that was taken out of my paycheck?

From the HSA section, for the question "Any contributions you personally made (not through your employer)", should I enter the amount that was taken out of my paycheck?

Money was taken out of every paycheck for my HSA. Is this considered a personal contribution, or is that considered "through my employer"?

If the money was put into the HSA through payroll deductions, then it is considered to have been made through your employer. 

Essentially, the employer acted as the middle man to put your funds into the account.  These funds are pre-tax and should have been reported on your W-2 in box 12 with code W.

The question you are seeing is referring to any after-tax contributions that you made to the HSA.