Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

I filed elsewhere and the Federal return has already been accepted. Good chance I’ll get my refund before TurboTax has this form available 🤷‍♂️

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

Hoping we get some good news about this being available sooner than later! Just waiting on this to press "file" 🤞

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Form 8915 is now tentatively scheduled for 03/24.   @dexbadgett

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Over and over.  Quoting the expected release date with no apology or legitimate explanation.  TT has utterly failed to respond appropriately or in a timely manner on this issue.  Clearly no one with a true understanding of the programming has been put on notice that this is an extremely important issue to the thousands of people who had to take a COVID distribution.  Every few days, a "Tax Expert" updates on the unchanged expected release date.  Completely and utterly useless.  This entire message string should have been elevated to the highest level, and programmers should have had a fire lit under them to accelerate the priority on this.  Terrible job turbotax.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

It may take longer for one form or another to show up in TurboTax for multiple reasons. Our goal is to provide you with the most accurate information possible. As part of this process, we communicate often with the taxing agencies.

For up-to-date status, refer your customer to the federal and state forms-availability articles.

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products
State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

If the form becomes available sooner than currently published on that Help Article, the article will be updated to provide the new availability date.

It has changed to 3/24.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Correct; form 8915-F is currently slated to be finalized for both e-file and print on 3/24/22. Sorry for any inconvenience caused @send-keith.

Just for additional feedback: It's triggering when so many customers are waiting on forms to be implemented to be able to complete our taxes, and we receive an email with a "call to action" to log in and "Let's finish up" lol

we literally can't 😂

For real… If I get one more email stating to Let’s finish up! When I literally have zero control on the delay from turbo tax. Ridiculous!  

DawnC
Expert Alumni

I do understand the frustration of unwanted and unneeded emails.    You can update your marketing preferences in your TurboTax account to reduce the number of emails you receive.

And remember to do this for each account you have.   If you turn them off on one account but you have 3 accounts, they will still show up.  

@Jamcclus

Costco refunded my TurboTax digital purchase and i filed with FreeTaxUSA (for $20!) and likely will do so again next year. I have used TT for years but can not wait until the end of the month to know what i owe to the IRS. This has been a serious misstep from TT.

That is only 2 weeks prior to the filing deadline.   Just an unacceptable response when the IRS released the form on February 24.  And....everyone in the world knew the form was being released.  Didn't turbotax?  Customers can read these BS explanations, you know?

I am so frustrated that TurboTax has still not released 8915-F

Yeah yeah yeah with the March 24th.  It has been over a month since the form was available.

Is anyone at Turbo Tax listening to customers?

There is NO EXCUSE for this delay.  Taxes are already annoying enough without unneeded delays.

Rspencer2

It does not help when turbo tax uses a generic explanation to customers regarding the form not being available.  You can’t state that you work hard to ensure the software is updated when folks have been waiting over a month to file their taxes.  There is something wrong with not telling folks the real reason for not honoring your commitment to customers that have tried being loyal to using turbo tax.  Maybe it’s time for folks to start using another product.  I’ve paid for the premium version of your product so I’m stuck I have to wait.  But next year I will remember this experience.  You guys owe your customers for this inconvenience.

It shows 3/24/2022 for Form 8915-F available for Turbotax.  Is that correct?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies