Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

LAB0
Level 1

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

What competitor did you use?

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

@Dave Clax  you write exactly what I planned to post! This is the form folding up my entire tax return. My budget for the month of March also heavily relied on my return coming and now it’s pushed out so far. If the form is available online already but not here it’s frustrating but to see that TurboTax is giving themselves and their team THIRTY more days to work on this shows it’s not a priority for them. @Turbotax Pretty sure you could get this completed if it was actually important to you. I’ve used TT every single year for my taxes but this year has been the poorest yield of service 

Please make 8915-F available ASAP!!! Does it really take 6 weeks?

I’m currently using HR Block with a tax pro. $50. Not too bad! And not waiting on Turbo tax! Was hesitant to switch since I’ve used TT for the last 10 years. Submitted all my info to HR block and had a response from tax pro within 8 hours. So far communication has been great! 

H and R is making you pay for a tax pro to do it. I asked them via chat if we can just do it ourselves. She said no this is new. I mentioned that wasn't really fair and just getting more money out of people-- she just said ok- go elsewhere..Seems that they are all out for money

This is absolutely ridiculous. Just got off the phone with someone who was pretty clueless. The fact this form is now available everywhere else but not TurboTax is kinda giving me the impression I’ve been laying a lot of money (more than most other sites I’m discovering). For what exactly?

8915F should be available by now. And, your customer service reps should be able to do more than read from a script. These are your “tax experts” I’ve paid the extra charge for?

ridiculous. 

Grrrrrrrrreat so I can pay more for a tax pro or wait until april...April.... whoopee lol 

This is ridiculous. March 31st is cutting g it really close when every other site has it available now. I’ve wasted so much money on TurboTax over the years and for what???

I called customer service and LaToya was useless!  She kept saying “I’m sorry I do t understand your question”. Was pretty straightforward to me. 

when will 8915F be available or since it’s already available somewhere else?

“I’m sorry I do t understand your question”

these are the “tax experts” I’ve been paying for for 10+ years!  What a waste of money!

@Troixb 

Form 8915-F, Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Retirements for tax year 2021 is estimated to be available in TurboTax on 03/31/2022 (possibly sooner)

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Anonymous
Not applicable

who did you use?

I spoke with TurboTax yesterday and she said it should be ready by 3-31-22, but it could be longer🤦🏾‍♀️ As much as they charge it should’ve been ready. I switched and did mine through FreeTax USA. They have the form and so does TaxSlayer. FreeTax USA is also so much cheaper.

bama50

Apparently, by the end of the tax season is an appropriate answer. In all , It doesn't really matter for myself, I just like getting my taxes done in a prompt manner. 

Why will it take so long to get it into an update.  I do not like waiting that long to file my taxes.  It gives you no time to fix any other issues that might arrise.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

It may take longer for one form or another to show up in TurboTax for multiple reasons; in this public forum we do not have the specifics. What we do have is the list that shows when each form is slated to be finalized for use within the Turbo Tax program. That form can be reviewed by clicking the appropriate Turbo Tax version here @jacluc.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies