Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 7206

Why do I need Form 7206 to file? Turbo Tax will not file my return because it says Form 7206 is not available.

Why do I need this 7206 form, I have no 'health insurance deductions', I am on Medicare.

How can I urgently file without this Form 7206?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Form 7206

do you have a Schedule C or k-1. Medicare qualifies as self-employed health insurance if you have self-employment income. the form according to Turbotax will be ready 2/7

View solution in original post

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Form 7206

We know some of our customers have had issues with Form 7206. Please use this FAQ to sign up for notifications.

@green-quest @jbkennedy123 @Pitfall69 @Jenndy43 @Treywllsn30 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

48 Replies

Form 7206

Delete Form 7206

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen

Click on Tools

Click on Delete a form

Form 7206

I tried, but it will not delete and forces me. Then says 'cannot file because form 7206 not yet available from IRS'. Why does Turbo Tax force me to use this form? I don't have this deduction.

Form 7206

do you have a Schedule C or k-1. Medicare qualifies as self-employed health insurance if you have self-employment income. the form according to Turbotax will be ready 2/7

Form 7206

I think you are correct. Don't understand why IRS has such a delay with the form, but that is obviously the issue why I can't file my taxes. Thank you for the clarification...

Form 7206

Does anyone know when form 7206 will be ready which I shouldn't even need cuz I had insurance through the marketplace today is the 7th I've been trying since 12:00 a.m.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Form 7206

This is scheduled to be fixed with the February 7 update. The updates generally happen at night. It should be available February 8.

Form 7206

I got the email from TT saying the form was ready and to log back in to file, but its still not available

Form 7206

I got an email, a text message and a push notification stating form 7206 was ready and when I logged in it still won't let me file. I tried desktop per agents instructions and there was the same message that the form is yet not available. I googled the form and IRS has it easily available to download. I don't understand why TurboTax can't obtain it themselves instead of making us wait. The date the form will be available has changed so much that if tomorrow I cant file or see another date change for this form, I will be filing taxes elsewhere. This is the first year this happened to me and the form doesn't apply to me like many others are stating. Something is up that TurboTax not telling us, they should at least lower those high fees for the inconveniences they've caused us all  Many people receiving their refunds already and we on a dang wait for something that doesn't apply to us (SMDH)

Form 7206

Same exact thing happened to me...got notified at 1:06 PST and its now 5pm PST.. Still nothing.

Form 7206

Hi Catina,

I hope you are correct.  I have not received any push notifications, even though I requested email updates.

I also understand that you are not responsible for getting the update released.  But I do appreciate your effort to communicate and try to keep folks informed.  I do not understand why there is not better communication coming from TT.  

Please keep responding if you can.

Form 7206

Has anything changed? Form 7206 is available but IRS (according to TurboTax) will not allow E-filing with this Form. Is this expected to change? I REALLY am not excited about filing by mail!!!! 

Form 7206

Same here. I did the update 40 mins ago and gives me the same message. There has to be a workaround. I am Self Employed, so the form 7206 does pertain to me, but I don't understand why it's not ready even though it says it is ready. I'm going to wait a bit more; hopefully it gets resolved soon.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Form 7206

This has been resolved. Make sure your software has the latest update. You might also try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies, and reopen TurboTax.

If you are still getting errors after you have done this, can you please send screenshots of what you are seeing?

Form 7206

Screenshot_20240208_095336_Gallery.jpg

I updated my laptop. Ran the TT Update and cleared cache cookies and browser. I'm still getting this message. Where can I go to run the update again? Should I start my return over?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies