Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 7206

Same exact problem here, including rebooted my PC, and nothing...

This is too frustrating and frankly I'm deeply concerned as it will roll to another day, another day. 

After 8 years with TT this will be my last.

Form 7206

I also removed TT from my computer and re downloaded it again. It then ran the update, but still received the same error messages. 

Screenshot_20240208_103303_Gallery.jpg

Form 7206

No, it is not resolved.  Cannot e-file

Form 7206

Form 7206

Who would mark it as solved. I am the one who started the thread, and NO, it is absolutely 'not solved'. 

This is very unacceptable...

klong1212
Returning Member

Form 7206

IM getting same problem....says I cant efile...because I have form 7206???

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Form 7206

If you are not Self-Employed (filing a Schedule C, or have a  K-1 or 1099-NEC in your return), and you are not claiming a Deduction for Self-Employed Health Insurance, you don't need Form 7206.

If this applies, type 'Schedule C' in the Search area, and 'Jump to schedule c'.  DELETE any business entry on the Business Summary page.  Then close TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies, and do the final review again.

If you ARE self-employed, and want the deduction for Self-Employed Health Insurance, you need Form 7206, which flows onto Schedule 1, Line 17,and  then Form 1040, Line 10.

Try deleting Form 7206 from your return, closing TurboTax, clear Cache and Cookies, then re-open it and perform a manual update (if using TurboTax Desktop) to see if your issue is resolved.

Here's more info on How to Enter Self Employed Health Insurance.

@Pitfall69

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 7206

@CatinaT1   Thanks for your follow up post.  Since that time there have been several posts that show people are still having trouble.

There are a number of platforms that may be affected: Deluxe vs. Home and Business; on line vs.local; download vs. disk; Windows vs. Mac; versions of both browser and Op System.  Perhaps it would help determine the extent of the problem if Posters would identify their full environment.

It certainly would help if TT Support responsible for the fix would communicate status and anticipated resolution.  Can you make them aware of this and let us know that you were successful in escalating this issue?

There does not seem to be a good way to communicate with those who are responsible for fixing problems.  In the meantime, thanks for being a responsive source..

Form 7206

After 8 loyal years with Turbo Tax I'm too concerned and frustrated at this point.

I've decided to spend more money and migrate my info to H & R Block online. I have a feeling I can file instantly.

I can't image such issues with TT and Form 7206, but I'm gone...

Form 7206

I actually decided to NOT take the Self Employment Insurance deduction by not answering certain questions. It didn't change my tax liability much and it deleted the firm completely and I was able to E-File. This is obviously a specific circumstance to me and it only worked because I chose NOT to take the deduction. I'd rather take a small hit now and get my refund early rather than wait another day or week until this issue is resolved. Intuit is going to lose a lot of business because of this, especially now that IRS is rolling out their free service. 

I'm completely dissatisfied. 

Form 7206

Yeh, I'm considering doing the same thing, ie not taking the deduction, or moving to HR Bloch (people are posting its working there)  if Turbo Tax doesn't resolve it.

Theres no way I'm paper filing. 

This is a Turbo tax issue, they need to resolve it

Form 7206

Is eventually work for me I was able to file last night the first time it told me I had the paper file and then I'd try it again and then again and then it worked was accepted by the IRS 30 minutes later right before midnight last night

Form 7206

I was able to file form 7206 last night at about 9:30 but when I got all the way to the end it told me I had to paper file but then I tried it again and then a third time and it finally worked and then right before midnight the IRS accepted my return

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Form 7206

We know some of our customers have had issues with Form 7206. Please use this FAQ to sign up for notifications.

@green-quest @jbkennedy123 @Pitfall69 @Jenndy43 @Treywllsn30 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 7206

Same here.  Got email today (2/9) saying form is ready...did updates and it is still saying need to paperfile.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies