turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Forgot password

I really need your help please call me [phone number removed]

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Forgot password

You may use this account recovery tool @Michaelcole216.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Eases717

Forgot password

i need my 2019 taxes

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Forgot password

When you forget your password you can use this link for assistance.

Once you have your password, use this link for your 2019 tax return.

Forgot password

Forgot password and no longer have phone number you reference for getting code #.

PattiF
Expert Alumni

Forgot password

Here is a link to the TurboTax help center phone number.

mdagger26

Forgot password

• How do you get password reset when gaining a new number and losing the old one 

Forgot password

@mdagger26 wrote:
  • How do you get password reset when gaining a new number and losing the old one 

Instead of using a phone number, you can run the Account Recovery tool on the User ID or email addresses you can still access.  I'll tell you the steps to to that.  And I'll also include a second method below called "Try Something Else."

To get a list of your User IDs, reset passwords, and recover account access, etc., you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, since you no longer have the same phone number, run the tool on your User ID or email address(es) you can access.   A User ID and email address might be the same, but it doesn't have to be.  Be sure to do the following first:

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If you were unable to gain access and reset password by using your email address or User ID (if different), go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, scroll down a bit, then choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

Forgot password

I am locked out because I forgot my password. HELP

Forgot password

Thank you

Forgot password

@gizmo25325 wrote:

I am locked out because I forgot my password. HELP

You can use the Account Recovery tool to reset a password and regain access, but I don't know if it will work while the account is locked, but you can try.  I'm not sure how long the lockout period is.  Maybe it's just an hour.   Sometimes when using the tool, a user might discover they have more than one account.

To get a list of your User IDs, reset password, and recover account access, etc., you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first if you can still access it.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number you can still access and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, scroll down a bit, then choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

b4kw5h9

Forgot password

I forgot my password

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Forgot password

To recover your user ID or password:

1. Go to the account recovery page.
  2. Enter one of the following:
    • Phone number (recommended)
    • Email address
    • User ID
  3. Follow the instructions. We'll customize them based on the info you provide and whether we recognize the device.

Once you're done, we'll either send you a code to help you recover your account, or show/send you a list of accounts associated with your info.

If you’re still unable to recover your account, select Try something else on the Account Recovery page. We'll ask additional questions to verify your identity.

Keep in mind: Once you're back in your account, we recommend you enter or update your phone number. This increases your account security and makes it easier to recovery your account.

(If you're looking to access a prior year return, go here.)   @b4kw5h9

Cgo6583

Forgot password

i forgot my password and need to change it....now.

HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

Forgot password

Follow the instructions here to reset your password @Cgo6583Forgot your TurboTax Online User ID or password?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies