Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

coppens1
Returning Member

Extensive Problem, 2019 software

Dear Turbotax Customer Service Team,   I provided the attached information under case no [phone number removed].  Please refer to your case number.  

My partner, [PII Removed] purchased the 2019 turbotax software from you Dec 28 2019 thru Amazon for $42.57 for us both to use.  I am attaching the purchase document.  We also have the 2019 Ttax Code attached.  .

I tried to use your electronic refund system, but it did not work, due to this unusual history.  

We have had so many problems with the 2019 software, beginning in 2020, including my having to leave my computer on continually for almost a month in December 2023 to prepare a 2019 1040X.  Had I turned off the computer, I would not have been able to access the Ttax 2019 return again.  

I therefore request that [PII Removed] be provided a full refund for this product due to all the malfunctions we experienced.  .  
I will send the attachments when you give me instructions.  JC
Attachments:  1.  Ttax Chat transcript Fri, Jan 12, 2024 12.46 PM
2.  12.28.19 Amazon Receipt for 2019 TTax Software
3.  [PII Removed] original log in code.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

No one in the user forum can assist with this.  And please.....do not post any personal information in this forum.  It can be seen by anyone using the internet.

This is a public web site that can be seen by anyone—including scammers and would-be identity thieves who would love to contact you and pretend to be from TurboTax.  Please remove the personal information you posted here ASAP by returning to your post and clicking the three little blue dots on the upper right to edit your post.

No one in the user forum can resolve a billing issue.  If you have a question about your TurboTax fees or billing, make sure you use the word “billing” in your request for help.  Do not use the word “refund.”

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

And....it is unclear when you attempted to use that 2019 software.   The filing deadline for filing a 2019 return and getting an income tax refund for 2019 is over.   It is too late.   A 2019 return cannot be e-filed.  TurboTax no longer supports or provides updates for 2019 software.   

We cannot tell from your post when you or your partner tried to use the software.  If you tried to use it recently, that is the problem.   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
coppens1
Returning Member

Thanks for your response. 

I have had an on-going problem with logging into Ttax 2019 since inception.  Twice in 2020, over several months, I had extensive problems, and  I couldn't access the program.  Ttax provided me new registration data and I was able to use the program again. 

Last month the problem reared its ugly head again.  I tried to use the software in Dec 2023 to prepare an amended tax return 1040X, for a client whose 2019 return was under examination.  I couldn't open it.  

I tried to get Ttax help, even the 'oopsescalation' team, but the problem kept repeating.  Finally in Dec 23, with Ttax help I was able to open the program.   But the problem was still intermittent.  So I kept the program open, and the computer on, 24 hours a day for 30 days, until I finished the 1040X.

Ttax has never corrected the software problem from 2019, and was little help when it recurred.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies