turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Error importing 1099 data from Ally Financial. Error 5201 Error Code : 907 - Form not available for user. Script is not able to locate the PDF form link.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
phakans

Error importing 1099 data from Ally Financial. Error 5201 Error Code : 907 - Form not available for user. Script is not able to locate the PDF form link.

Same issue.  Please advise.

Most brokers will not have their forms available for importing until after 2/15 ... try again next week or manually enter the info. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

most brokers sent out a notice as to when their electronic forms would be available for download.   you could check daily or give them a call.     after importing it's your responsibility to check the accuracy of the import.  if it's wrong or something doesn't get entered properly, TT assumes no responsibilty so it's you who would be paying the taxes, interest and penalties. 

It's past 2/15.  Still no access.

It is the 21st and nothing.

Their form are online and have been since before the 15th but you have to manually enter them but I want to download them for accuracy and ease. my bank says it's a turbotax problem. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on an old thread from 2019.  Which financial institution are you trying to import from? What specific error message are you receiving?

@mschmidtTT

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yea I know. But it seems it was in June 2019?  It is ally. I’m 99% sure it is their problem. And the subject is the exact message. When I searched that message it took me to that thread. I got the same message last year. I am able to import from computershare etrade and a bunch of other stuff with no problem. But ally let me import my wife’s bank interest but when I try for my ally interest and dividends it will not work and I get that message. I talked to ally and they said did you contact TurboTax?  Well I did last year and now this year also and it does not work and I still get that message. I know the dividends are not due till about the 16th of feb but they actually had the composite or consolidated statement or whatever it is called available to print several days before that. So why do they not have it available to import into TurboTax. Last year I just gave up and manually entered it. But it is the principle of the matter. Why do they list it on TurboTax if they don’t let you use that feature. Someone from TurboTax on the phone told me to wait a week!  But I want to finish my taxes now. And I bet you just about anything it won’t work in a week. I will do a mock return just to find out if it imports and when if it ever does.  It’s just frustrating when everything works but that one thing. I hope I am making some sense here cause I’m very tired but I wanted to get this done. 

Ok I figured out I had to use APEX CLEARING to download the info. So for the interest ally worked for my wife but for my interest and stocks APEX worked for me. Why the difference IDK You think they would make it more uniform!!!

I'm getting the same error from Ally Financial bank.  I tried to us the APEX CLEARING, but I'm unclear as to what login credentials to use.  I tried reusing my Ally Financial credentials, but that failed.  Do I need to go to Apex clearing and create an account and then link that act to my Ally act?  Just confused as to what login credentials need to be entered.
edit:  figured it out.  It's the account number on the center of the 1099 for the user name and SSN as the password.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Thank you so much for your valuable information. 

Really appreciate your solution! It works for me

CindyYJ

I used the account number on the center of the 1099 for the user name and SSN as the password. But it didn't work. I remember it worked last year.

It worked for me this year. Maybe try it during the weekday. They may be doing maintenance over the weekend. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Are you using Turbo Tax Online or Turbo Tax Desktop?   If using the online version, please clear your cache as well as delete your cookies on the browser. Close the browser, then reopen it and try to import once more. 

If using the desktop, please follow the instructions here to ensure the software is up to date, and then try to import once more. 

Please let us know if this does not work. @CindyYJ 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies