Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Efile rejected due to AGI or pin mismatch

"The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records."

The AGI is absolutely correct.  

I made up a 5 digit PIN as requested when I filed.  Of course that PIN doesn't match last years because I didn't efile last year.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Enter a 0 (zero) for the 2019 AGI and e-file the 2020 federal tax return again.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Enter a 0 (zero) for the 2019 AGI and e-file the 2020 federal tax return again.

Thanks.  Unfortunately this time when I went through I kept waiting for the AGI number to pop up so I could change it to 0, but that screen never appeared and before I knew it it had been re-submitted.  I assume it will be rejected again.  Then how do I get access to the screen asking about the AGI?

@qofmiwok wrote:

Thanks.  Unfortunately this time when I went through I kept waiting for the AGI number to pop up so I could change it to 0, but that screen never appeared and before I knew it it had been re-submitted.  I assume it will be rejected again.  Then how do I get access to the screen asking about the AGI?

See this TurboTax support FAQ for how change the 2019 AGI - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/01/26311

Rosie301

Hello...

I have been unable to have the IRS accept my AGI and / or pin mismatch for my 2021 IRS tax return based on what was mailed to the IRS for my 2020 tax return.

Just now I signed for ID.me with the IRS and have obtained copies of my various IRS transcripts for the 2020 tax year.

Per the four (4) IRS transcripts (only these 4 are available) that I just obtained, the AGI value on my 2020 IRS tax return matches exactly with what I have received on the transcripts for the 2020 tax year.

What I can not find anywhere on the IRS transcripts are the 5 digit e-filing PIN as defined on our 2020 tax return that I mailed to the IRS in the year 2021 for myself or my wife.

Please advise how I should proceed.

Many Thanks...

Tom Reefer

[email address removed]

ENTER 0 FOR AGI. The IRS took a long time last year to process 2020 returns so the AGI didn't get entered in time.  Especially if you mailed it.  That works for most people. See...
What if I entered the correct AGI and I'm still getting an e-file reject?

How to correct the AGI in the Online version
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If you can’t get it to efile you will have to print and mail it.
How to mail a return from the Online version
How do I print and mail my return in TurboTax Online?

Be sure to attach copies of your W2s and any 1099s that have withholding on them.  You have to mail federal and state in separate envelopes because they go to different places.  Get a tracking number from the post office when you mail them for proof of filing.

How to fix rejects IND-031 & 032
How do I fix e-file reject IND-031-04 or IND-032-04?

I'm having the same issue. I tried the "0" and it did't work either. I checked the IRS transcript and their AGI matches what I entered as well. 

I'm frustrated, and honestly concerned, that their information is incorrect. My pin is the same - we've used the same pins to efile for years. 

Open to other suggestions??

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies