turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sharoneder
Returning Member

E-file

TurboTax won't accept my e-file 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

E-file

When a tax return can't be e-filed no matter what you do

Although millions of tax returns are successfully e-filed every year, some returns simply can't be e-filed or keep getting rejected even though there's really nothing wrong with them.

Returns cannot be e-filed if they:

Many nonresident and part-year state returns cannot be e-filed either, due to circumstances beyond our control (we'll let you know if your non- or part-year resident return must be paper-filed).

In addition, certain returns keep getting rejected because somebody already claimed a dependent on the return or because of incorrect information in the IRS database. In these cases, there's really nothing you can do to "fix" your return so you can e-file it. For this year at least, you'll need to file a paper return instead.

Related Information:

@Sharoneder

Sharoneder
Returning Member

E-file

My wages and tips and social and or Social Security benefits are online 5A not line one because I am disabled

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

E-file

You can still file with only having social security disability. If you do not have a tax liability, and are trying to be sure you will be able to receive the economic impact payment, then hold on to your return for now.

If your simple tax return had no errors and you otherwise did not need to file, then hold on to your return for now.

While you are waiting, you could register for updates from this link: TurboTax Updates for Stimulus Payment Registration

See this screenshot for what you are looking for at that link. Go to the link to actually register.

If the IRS has your direct deposit information and if you qualify, you will get a check. Keep checking this IRS Economic Impact Payments Updates. They currently are saying that IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief site will be updated within the next 3 weeks for people not automatically getting the economic impact payment.

For more information, see the resources below:

How will the stimulus package impact me?

What do I need to know about the Coronavirus Stimulus Package?

[Edited 4/6/2020 | 1:25 PM PST]

@Sharoneder

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies