turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can i find the double taxed income question on the online application

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

Double taxed income should only occur when you are doing two state returns, one as resident and one as nonresident.  If you prepare the nonresident return first, the program will calculate and transfer the numbers for you.  

If you are doing two part-year returns, again, you should do the return first for the state you moved FROM.  In that case, once you allocate income correctly between the two states, you should be refunded tax you overpaid to the first state, so you would have no double taxed income for the state where you resided at year-end, the state you moved TO.

If you did the states in the wrong order, here's how to delete a state and do it again.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900608-how-do-i-delete-my-state-return-in-turbotax-online#

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You need to clarify what you mean by double taxed?   Are you filing 2 different state returns and getting taxed on the same income on each one?
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Anita01

Double taxed income should only occur when you are doing two state returns, one as resident and one as nonresident.  If you prepare the nonresident return first, the program will calculate and transfer the numbers for you.  

If you are doing two part-year returns, again, you should do the return first for the state you moved FROM.  In that case, once you allocate income correctly between the two states, you should be refunded tax you overpaid to the first state, so you would have no double taxed income for the state where you resided at year-end, the state you moved TO.

If you did the states in the wrong order, here's how to delete a state and do it again.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900608-how-do-i-delete-my-state-return-in-turbotax-online#

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies