Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Don't buy TurboTax if you want the option to change machine type (Mac/Windows)

I purchased TurboTax download software but my windows machine crashed. I thought no big deal, i will use my Mac to file for Taxes rather than purchase a new windows machine at short notice only for taxes. Think how companies like Microsoft Office grants you one use of the license on one machine - Mac or Windows. TurboTax as a company has a twisted concept where you pay for the software but also get tied to one machine type FOR EVER. God forbid if you have to change your machine in the future or it crashes. The support does not get it and were no help either. I blame TurboTax company as they were following set instructions.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
linmondy

I buy TurboTax Advantage every year and it works on both my MAC and my HP and the forms transfer from year to year on either. Hope that helps.

This year the License Code gives you access to both the Windows and Mac downloads.   The License Code is good for 5 installs.   If you bought the CD it has both Windows and Mac on it.  If you bought the download ask support how to get the other OS.

Contact Customer Service
5am-9pm Pacific Time Monday - Sunday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies