PHJ8675768

Do I need to file the 1099 NEC section as a self-employed?

Hi, 

I'm a graphic designer and I 'm struggling to enter my income. 

I didn't receive any 1099 NEC the past year but I earned more than $600 each time. Can I fill all my income into "Other self-employed income"? Or there is a risk to do that?

Thanks ! 

PHJ8675768

Capture d’écran 2021-09-15 à 18.14.21.png

Yes, you can just enter it as Other self employment income or as Cash or General income.  You don't need to get a 1099NEC or 1099Misc or 1099K.  Even if you did you can enter all your income as Cash.  Only the total goes to schedule C.

How to enter income from Self Employment

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/self-employed/help/how-do-i-report-income-from-self-employment/00/...

You are required to report all your income, even if you don't receive tax paperwork from your clients.  The IRS won't have any problem with you reporting income without a 1099.