marisabenavente

Do I need to file if I made less than $100 on a W2

I forgot I received a W2 for my job that I left Jan 20, 2016. I found it after I already filed my taxes, which included the W2 for my current job.The W2 I forgot to include only made about $100 in wages. Do I need to amend  my returns and file this W2? I live and made these wages in CA.
TaxGuyBill

GTD1113

I know its 2020, but for the future. No, you don't have to, these Intuit employees will tell you"yes" because they're money hungry. But if you make less than $1000 and you leave off those W-2s and only file your main W-2, they will still issue your refund regardless.

xiaoqinding

I have a couple of W2 the amount less than $80.  Do I need to file them? I think I can ignore them 

JohnW152

The original posting was referring to the need to file an amended return.  If you're asking about the need to file an amended return for two W-2s totaling less than $80, the answer is, yes, you need to amend your return to include them.  The IRS requires it.

If you're asking if you need to file an original return  -- not an amended return -- for just this income, then the answer is no.  That's because your income would be offset by your standard deduction.

Please see the TurboTax Help article Do I need to file a federal return this year? for more information.