Solved: Do I have to input 1099 and 1099k income both in the general income section and later in the separate 1099 and 1099k section? I don't want to make a mistake.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to input 1099 and 1099k income both in the general income section and later in the separate 1099 and 1099k section? I don't want to make a mistake.

I want to make sure that it's good enough to input it in my business income, general, misc, etc.  When I input it there, everything looks good, then I later come to a section that asks if I have 1099 and 1099k income, which I do.  However, I answered "no" since I already included them in my general income.  Will that be a problem or flag me in any way?  Or, is turbo tax just being extra helpful and thorough by helping people to organize and not miss anything?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 7

Do I have to input 1099 and 1099k income both in the general income section and later in the separate 1099 and 1099k section? I don't want to make a mistake.

No. If you have entered Forms 1099 under the Business Income section, you do not need to re-enter that info in any other section. You are correct that TurboTax tries to be as helpful as possible in every situation.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Level 7

No. If you have entered Forms 1099 under the Business Income section, you do not need to re-enter that info in any other section. You are correct that TurboTax tries to be as helpful as possible in every situation.

View solution in original post

Thank you so much.  But, it's not that I entered in every 1099 in the business section, I did include those numbers in my total income, so that's okay also right?  Thank you again.
Level 7

As long as you report all your income, you should be okay.

thank you, that's what I thought and hoped.

so it doesn't matter where it's inputted.
Level 7

You should try to enter the information in the appropriate sections in TurboTax for accuracy during the error review. But it doesn't matter to the IRS.

thank you.
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings