Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I have to input 1099 and 1099k income both in the general income section and later in the separate 1099 and 1099k section? I don't want to make a mistake.

I want to make sure that it's good enough to input it in my business income, general, misc, etc.  When I input it there, everything looks good, then I later come to a section that asks if I have 1099 and 1099k income, which I do.  However, I answered "no" since I already included them in my general income.  Will that be a problem or flag me in any way?  Or, is turbo tax just being extra helpful and thorough by helping people to organize and not miss anything?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Do I have to input 1099 and 1099k income both in the general income section and later in the separate 1099 and 1099k section? I don't want to make a mistake.

No. If you have entered Forms 1099 under the Business Income section, you do not need to re-enter that info in any other section. You are correct that TurboTax tries to be as helpful as possible in every situation.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

7 Replies
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

No. If you have entered Forms 1099 under the Business Income section, you do not need to re-enter that info in any other section. You are correct that TurboTax tries to be as helpful as possible in every situation.

Thank you so much.  But, it's not that I entered in every 1099 in the business section, I did include those numbers in my total income, so that's okay also right?  Thank you again.
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

As long as you report all your income, you should be okay.

thank you, that's what I thought and hoped.

so it doesn't matter where it's inputted.
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

You should try to enter the information in the appropriate sections in TurboTax for accuracy during the error review. But it doesn't matter to the IRS.

thank you.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies