bingo4856787r

Do I have to enter 72 different W2-G.? Also how do I enter my Win/ Loss Statement?

CapB

Yes, you can combine your 72 Form W-2G forms to report them in TurboTax. However, it is recommended that you:

1. Only combine W-2G's from the same casino (so the Casino's EIN matches).
  2. Also, have a spreadsheet for documentation (if requested by the IRS) of calculation totals. 

Your win/loss statement does not get entered into TurboTax. Add your winnings from Form W-2g and if you itemize 

To add Form W-2G (gambling winnings)

To add a W-2g 

1. Sign In or Open TurboTax.

2. Select "Take me to my return"

3. Select "Search" or "Help" icon.

4. Type "W-2g" and select "Jump to W-2g" 

5. Answer "Yes" on the Gambling Winnings screen and follow the instructions to enter your W-2g.

6. Add your gambling Losses on the "Let us know if you had any gambling losses in 2017" screen.

The IRS limits gambling losses up to the extent of gambling winnings included on your tax return. Gambling losses become a tax deduction if you used itemized versus standard deductions.  See FAQ below for more on claiming gambling losses and record keeping.

Click here to learn more about deducting gambling losses.

CapB

To add Form W-2G (gambling winnings)

To add a W-2g 

1. Sign In or Open TurboTax.

2. Select "Take me to my return"

3. Select "Search" or "Help" icon.

jkc8124

Is it OK when combining from the same casino, that the cashier (box 😎 is different on the forms?
FMCole

I just want to confirm I have this information correct. 

Example if I have 68 W2-G from the Peppermill Casino and they total 65,500.00 I can enter it as one (1) W-2G for the full amount? 

Yes please do and save yourself a lot of unneeded entering.

FMCole

I understand that I can enter as a combined W2-G as long as they are from the same Casino. What would I enter as the winning date and casher?

Vanessa A

Leave the date and cashier blank. 

Carl

So long as the EIN of the payor is the same on all W-2G's, you can combine them and make a single entry.

Understand this ... the IRS only gets the total of the winnings on the tax return.  All those entries in the program is for your use only and are not sent with the return at all.   The program just acts like a calculator adding up all those amounts.  You can skip the W-G entries all together and simply enter the total if you wish.   The IRS will match your total with the forms they get from the issuer. 

1.jpg1a.jpg1b.jpg

jim o

Don't combine by EIN!  I did this in 2019, and the IRS just reached out and rejected it.  I sent a response and showed exactly what I did, and they still rejected it.  My only recourse was to amend my return and enter every w2g separately.  I recently did this and am waiting on their response. 

30 years in the business and I have yet to enter one single W-2G form in any tax program ... simply put the total winnings on the appropriate line with zero IRS issues. 

Now if you have any withholdings on any of the forms, to get that in the program you will either need to make one W-2g entry  OR  put that in the other tax situations section next to the estimated payments.