turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax says I was approved but today I got a reject letter in the mail from the IRS. I'm not sure how to properly amend and turbo still just has my status as "accepted

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

Turbo tax says I was approved but today I got a reject letter in the mail from the IRS. I'm not sure how to properly amend and turbo still just has my status as "accepted

What does the letter say? They must provide a reason

"turbo still just has my status as "accepted"

Your TurboTax status at the Tax Home will always be "accepted", because that is the status of your efile--not the status of your return processing.  It means your efile was accepted in proper format so that processing could begin.  It does not change to reflect the actual processing.

CarolynM  some thing about the health insurance part . Says I need to refer to 1095-a and form 8962 ,

I'm wondering if I can just amend and resubmit the forms through turbo tax ?

Epo39b thank you ! That clears things up I was very confused on the difference and how it could be accepted but then rejected . Does that mean  I can just "amend " through  turbo tax and redo the health ins. Section ?
Thanks again for the help guys !!!

You may not need to amend.  Or did they specifically ask you to amend?  Or did they just want a copy of the revised info?  What did they ask you to do?   Is it a Letter 12C?

And what tax year did they contact you about concerning Form 1095-A and Form 8962?   Are you sure it is for the current year 2017, or is it a prior year?

They asked me to
-complete form 8962
- a copy of my form 1095-a

2017 , they said they received  my December 31, 2017 form 1040 tax return . But need more information

Turbotax TeresaM so i have to print and mail those forms in . There's no quicker solution   ? I have to mail and wait 6-12 weeks to hear back from them ?

Yes, you will have to wait.

Ok. What exactly does paying for premium do then ? Because I thought it would help if I had issues with my taxes . But it seems you guys aren't and are gunna tell me to figure it out and wait 12 weeks . Doesn't seem worth it payed to have my taxes done through you , payed for premium . And got a rejection letter from IRS  23 days letter and you guys cant do any thing but tell me to print form and mail in .... exactly like the letter said .    I have to mail and hope my return isn't effected ? Hope they receive it because they don't confirm . Hope it goes through this time ? After paying all this money to you guys allI you can tell me to do is mail it in and hope for the best .  ??  

Not very helpful .  First time in 5 yrs I've asked turbo task for assistance and this is it.  Will just pay some one else less now that I see I'm paying for "hope" and not actually  getting any thing for my money except record keeping .   Waste of money and now possibly another 3 months .

codyadavis91
You may wish to speak to someone by phone in realtime for assistance with this issue.  You can speak to the free TurboTax Audit Support Center for help with an IRS letter.    See the screen image I post below which shows their phone number.  I can't post an image in a comment, but I can post it in an Answer.   They are open now until 12 Midnight Eastern (9 PM Pacific).

Otherwise their hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days a week.

when you enter the data from 1095-A  8962 will be emitted and you will be able to examine your 1040 to see if there is an impact. most likely there will be.
Your return was not rejected; IRS is asking for more information.

Here's how to reach the free TurboTax Audit Support Center for help with an IRS letter.

There is no need to amend. You just need to go back to your return and generate Form 8962. 

Here is an answer from TurboTaxTeresaM where she lines up the steps of how to generate the form. Please follow these instructions. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6136902

[edit 2/26/18 3:49 PM PST]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies