turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

"Check This Entry" is stuck in loop when asking for Date Acquired field in 1099-B.

It tells you the wrong entry. You have to fix all the entries, not the one it tells you. 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

"Check This Entry" is stuck in loop when asking for Date Acquired field in 1099-B.

@cgaaf We’re currently working to resolve this issue. If you’d like to receive progress status updates, please sign up here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I chose manual entry and it works. I deleted the automatic download and there is an option to manual entry. Easy.

same problem

even if I put a date into the field, it doesnt work

even if I go into the 1099 form and put in a date, it doesnt work

about half of the entries are missing these fields
I have many pages of entries

Experiencing the same issues!

Every time I get to the "Check this Entry" error I receive a different response for what is missing (i.e. acquisition date, cost basis, etc.) and sometimes there is no associated Security referenced (for example: it doesn't say to add the Cost Basis "for Microsoft xxxxxxx", sometimes it's just blank). And EVERY SINGLE time I try to click the review button and I get a prompt for what allegedly needs to be corrected the SYSTEM FREEZES! I've been on the phone with reps twice. I've waited weeks for an update, I've signed up for the email alert and I've even tried to Live Chat with a rep but again THE SYSTEM FREEZES so the chat fails as well...... I've paid for the software, my Brokerage account (E-Trade) is one of the options listed for automatic Import. I REFUSE to have to manually enter 100 pages of trades or file by Mail. This is unacceptable by all standards!

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

The issue has been submitted and is currently under investigation.  We are currently working to resolve this issue.  If you would like to receive an update for the progress, click on the following link to get notified:

Acquired date

The net gain or loss from you Form 1099-B will show on line 4 of Schedule  1 and line 7 of Form 1040.

This is insane, I have 8 pages of transactions and the only reason why i'm using turbotax is so I don't have to do this manually.  If this isn't fixed on Monday off to H&R block I go, there's no way i'm doing this manually.  BTW their site has manually fixing the data as a solution, so if that's how they think they're going to deal with this then no way.  

Edit, so all the interested people know, the nice fella on the phone said they're looking to roll out a fix by the end of March.  

This is the second bug and road-blocker I've had in filing my taxes this year. Pretty unreal. The first was importing my 1099, now I'm stuck on a forever loading screen that tells me I need to change the date of a specific security. This time I've paid, so I'm less than pleased.

Is there an actual ETA for a fix on this?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

We’re currently working to resolve this issue. If you’d like to receive progress status updates, please sign up here.

I also have these issues with my 1099-B as well as with my form 2106 line 16B. This is super frustrating as I've also paid and am unable to submit my taxes. 

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

The issue has been submitted and is currently under investigation.  We are currently working to resolve this issue.  If you would like to receive an update for the progress, click on the following link to get notified:

Acquired date

Any asset you hold for one year or less at the time of sale is considered “short term” by the IRS.  Capital assets that you hold for more than one year and then sell are classified as long-term on Schedule D and Form 8949. 

The net gain or loss from you Form 1099-B will show on line 4 of Schedule 1 and line 7 of Form 1040.  For more information, click here: 1099-B

I am unable to fix problem. It keeps going back to same entry whenever I enter date acquired. Program useless to me now.

I have the same issue still and it's Mar 24th... I have one transaction for subscription rights. Basis and proceeds are zero.
The review tool is complaining about the acquired date, which a) is already correctly imported and shows up for that line, and b) I can't input the date.
Hoping for that fix end of March.

Another one having the same issue. I'm tempted to just do the one page deal.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies