Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Cannot install Turbo Tax 2020.

I also know how frustrating your experience is.  I too have 20H2 and it is a disaster with TT Premier.  Ironically, I can install, update and the program then crashes EVERY time I go to start a new return.  And...before all the folks chime in...yes...went through the Administrator...compatibility check route....completely installed...then uninstalled before and after deleting all anti-virus/malware software.  No luck and their support although nice...have no clue.  So...what did i do?  I completely did a reinstall (clean) of Windows 1909 and guess what?  Yep...loads right up and ran with no issue.  Is that the answer though? Nope...b/c I'm not going to spend hours attempting to load all my programs...settings and other stuff just to get this **bleep** package to work as it should have right out of the box.  I've been using TT for 25 years...yes 25 and I'm truly pissed about this.  It's not even the $ at this point...it's the wasted hours of trial and error with a vendor that can't or won't acknowledge or fix what needs to be done...shame on them.

Returning Member

I also know how frustrating your experience is.  I too have 20H2 and it is a disaster with TT Premier.  Ironically, I can install, update and the program then crashes EVERY time I go to start a new return.  And...before all the folks chime in...yes...went through the Administrator...compatibility check route....completely installed...then uninstalled before and after deleting all anti-virus/malware software.  No luck and their support although nice...have no clue.  So...what did i do?  I completely did a reinstall (clean) of Windows 1909 and guess what?  Yep...loads right up and ran with no issue.  Is that the answer though? Nope...b/c I'm not going to spend hours attempting to load all my programs...settings and other stuff just to get this **bleep** package to work as it should have right out of the box.  I've been using TurboTax for 25 years...yes 25 and I'm truly pissed about this.  It's not even the $ at this point...it's the wasted hours of trial and error with a vendor that can't or won't acknowledge or fix what needs to be done...shame on them

Nipper
Returning Member

Turbotax Standard 2020 will not install. I can download an .exe file but that won't install either.  I am running a pc with Windows 10. 

Nipper

@Nipper wrote:

Turbotax Standard 2020 will not install. I can download an .exe file but that won't install either.  I am running a pc with Windows 10. 

Nipper

This is the TurboTax US user community website.
Go to this TurboTax Canada website for assistance with a Canadian tax return or the TurboTax Canada editions - https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/turbotax-support/help/03/en-ca

MrPhotoman2010
Returning Member

The only way I was able to install my Deluxe Version was to contact TT and demand an updated .exe file The person that helped me was David. He linked me to an updated .exe file with a new License Code. My bad file version ended in [phone number removed]. The file that worked ended in [phone number removed]. It has been a very frustrating experience with TT this year

MrPhotoman2010
Returning Member

TT Keeps removing the Version numbers as phone numbers

Here are the Bad [phone number removed] and the Good [phone number removed] without .s in between the numbers

MrPhotoman2010
Returning Member

They did it again. Will try one more time with an X at beginning and end of the string and no spaces.

Bad X[phone number removed]X, Good X[phone number removed]X, 4 digits then 3 digits and then 4 digits

MrPhotoman2010
Returning Member

Final Try, Bad  B0B0 0A0 0A0A, Good B0B0 A00 0A0A, B = 2 and A = 1

deluxe 2020 TurboTax stalls at the activation page. New Microsoft edge hp. Changed to google chrome for the operating system. No luck!

Nipper
Returning Member

Changing the browser makes no difference. Still have problem. Product won't install.

gdrisco
Returning Member

Tried all sorts of suggested workarounds.....finally got activation page to work by changing display setting prior to your install. Go to low end of resolution scale and try one.....activation page should work then. Don't forget to convert back to the recommended resolution setting prior to TT use.

Ran into the blank Activation screen. The fix is simple: change display res, to 800x600; rerun TT, and voila it works.  Change res. back to high at your leisure...

Joe In AZ

The fix is to change your display res. to 800x600; run TT; change back to high res.

Been doing this for 40 yrs and it seems programmers are making more money,  but producing buggy apps.

Joe in AZ

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to be reading this because I am running into the same issue with TT Premier.  Support has been totally useless.  They didnt even bother looking at the application logs but  just kept telling me to reinstall.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies