Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cannot enter credit card number

I have completed my return and am ready to file.  However, my state return (Washington, DC) charges $25 to e-file.  I said I want to enter my credit card number, but the page that comes back is totally non-active.  Nothing I click on is active.  I tried several times and I cannot proceed.  I can only go backwards.  Any ideas?  It appears to be a Turbo Tax problem, but how do we solve it??  Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Try this and see if this clears the issue for you.  Please log completely out of TurboTax.  Then, in your browser, please clear your cache and delete your cookies.  After this, close completely out of the browser.  Re-open everything including logging back into TurboTax.  Also, you can try completing your return in a different browser as well.  

For further instructions on how to clear cache and delete cookies, please see the links below:

Clear Cache

Delete Cookies

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
sainecm

I am having the exact same issue

I have completed my return and am ready to file.  However, my state return (North Carolina) charges $20 to e-file.  I said I want to enter my credit card number, but the page that comes back is totally non-active.  Nothing I click on is active.  I tried several times and I cannot proceed.  I can only go backwards.  Any ideas?  It appears to be a Turbo Tax problem, but how do we solve it??  Thanks.

I have cleared my cache and browser history and have closed and re-opened TurboTax, however the same issue is occurring.  Unable to process my credit card because the page is totally non-active.

Any other suggestions to resolve?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

For assistance in paying your Turbo Tax fees, please click here to contact customer support @sainecm

sainecm

I contacted Tech Support via phone this morning, and even after over 2 hours of troubleshooting this issue continues to exist. 

With Tech support, we tried multiple options with no success. To reiterate the issues - (1) When attempting to pay my $20 fee to process my State return, a non-active screen window appears where there are no active hyperlinks to enter credit card payment. (2) Additionally, when trying the second option of deducting the $20 processing fee along with the additional $40 to deduct from my tax refund an error message pops up that does not allow processing. The error message reads, “The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending.  Make sure your TurboTax program is up to date…”. We have tried clearing cache and browser history, changing the screen resolution, processing as the Administrator and none of those are working. 

Again - This remains an open case which is not resolved. I have spent over 2 hours on the phone (and screen sharing) with Tech Support, however they were unable to resolve my TurboTax software problem. 

please Help so that I can file my taxes!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We are experiencing a current issue that our team is working to resolve as soon as possible. You can sign up to be notified via email once we have this fixed. @sainecm

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies