Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Moepuppy

Cannot Edit my Investment Income.

I agree.  I'm having same problem.  No ability to edit or trash stock sales that were input.  I'm also on a Macbook. Please Intuit - fix this ASAP. 

Click on the window insert that shows the transactions, then use your arrow buttons to move left-right.  The delete and edit buttons will then be visible.  

I have since learned that you can use the right arrow key to reveal an edit and delete button.  Not very obvious but at least it works.  All of the investment screens appear to be patched into the turbo tax program.  Not very professional! in my humble opinion.

vananth

Never would have thought of that. How many years have they been doing this and they can't create a proper UI. Probably the last year I use TT. 

this works, but in TT 2022 (premier/desktop/ MAC) one didn't have to use this difficult workaround. 

This is an error that TT needs to reprogram.  Can't find a way to report it to TT for TT 2023 (premier/desktop/MAC)-- this is a user interface/programming problem. (and very very inconvenient for anyone with a large number of investment sales-- eg the folks who buy TT premier).  is there a way to let Turbo Tax know (without sitting on hold for hours?)

There is a "needs review" box - but no pencil to edit. I want to delete the first entry which was wrong. Help!

Are you on a Mac?  There is a little scroll bar right under the investment box.

If you need to Update, Edit or Delete from the investment summary screen, See this screen shot of the scroll bar

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/investments-and-rental-properties/discussion/changing-cost-basis/0...

See this thread

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/investments-and-rental-properties/discussion/how-do-i-edit-my-inve...

The last user said.....

I had to change my scrollbar setting to "always" show scroll bars for them to become visible.

groucho90

Yes!  On a Mac TT makes the editing window very tall and narrow.  When there is more information, such as an "edit" or "delete" button, than can be displayed in this narrow tall window those items just don't show up!  Having to somehow know that the right arrow key will make those items visible is simply insane.  Very bad design!  just make the window as wide as it needs to be!  I wasted two hours of my life talking to TT "help" and then searching online for the "right arrow" tip.  Completely brain dead of Intuit to let this out into the world.  [The Intuit help desk person didn't know about this and suggested I edit the schedule D forms directly.]

Rectax

I agree, terrible design with no support to fix from TT.  Thank you for this post so that I can continue to work on my taxes.  Also, I have 90+ transactions that have to be individually edited.  Bulk edit does not work property.   Some of the downloaded stock descriptions include an "&" which TT notifies me has to be removed.   What were you thinking!

MT45

I know the trick about scrolling right to see edit/delete button. However, I'm having a completely different problem. I cannot add any more stock sale after having only 10 entries. Turbo tax on my Mac shows a black white screen without anything do click/move. What should I do?

I have had no problems with adding more that 10 lines. You might try reloading TT. This  module is new and poorly designed. Can't believe it passed quality control.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies