Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mrmiata

Can Turbotax Home and Business import data from Turbotax Business?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

No you cannot transfer or import data from Home and Business to TurboTax Business.    TT Business is only for a business tax return; Home and Business is for a personal tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

And not the other way around either - from Business to Home&Business.  

You can not transfer or import between Business and any of the personal versions including the personal Home & Business version. So you can not transfer from Home&Business to Business or not the other way.

If you are trying to transfer a Business return, TurboTax will only transfer information from a return that uses the same main form like a 1065 to 1065 or 1120 to 1120.

mrmiata

Thank you for the response.  To clarify:  I completed my sub-s corp return (I am the sole employee of my sub-s) using Turbotax Business and want to have Turbotax Home and Business import all the relevant info (K-1, W-2, profit/loss, etc) into my personal return.

I had to manually enter all the relevant info from T/T business into T/T personal when I feel there is or should be a way for that info to flow from the business product to the personal one.

Thanks again.

Sal.

No.  You cannot transfer data from TurboTax Business to TurboTax Home and Business, even though you "feel" you should be able to.  The software does not work that way.

But please call Customer Support and let them verify that for you.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday - Friday.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies