Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't update automatically or Manually Turbotax Business 2019

I am trying to manually update my 2019 Turbotax Home & Business.  I downloaded the update but when I try to install it I get the following error message:

"Turbotax 2019 is not installed. Please install Turbotax 2019 first and then Re-run this update"

I tried uninstalling TT and then reinstalling TT but this did not fix the problem.

Also, I looked at the update history and NO updates have been install.  When I run the updater it says I am up to date.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

29 Replies
LakeshaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are having trouble updating your 2019 TurboTax software, please see this TurboTax FAQ Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm having the same problem.

Where did you buy your copy?  Was it a download from an ebay seller?

Yes.  I've bought it this same way for several years now -different sellers.  But, while searching for an answer on Intuit's site, I have seen other folks with similar problems who bought elsewhere.

Looks like you didn't understand the problem.

I download the manual update. It does not work. I get an error stating that the tt software is not installed (but it is).

zammi
Returning Member

I bought mine from an ebay seller and I have the same problem. Any reason why it's happening and any solution?

andymanoh
Returning Member

Same problem. I hope Intuit will provide a solution soon! Thanks

I have the same problem too, did anyone figure it out yet?

@lingla @teddydog86 @andymanoh @zammi 

I ended up calling support and they downloaded a new copy of TT onto my computer that worked.  The call took about an hour.  Just for the record, I tried all the different solutions I could find and none of them worked.

Here is what I tried:

Run TT as Admin (even though it was already set that way)

Clear the cache

reinstall TT

update manually (when I tried it, I got the message that TT was not installed!?)

disable windows firewall

turn off virus protection

run 'repair' for the TT install

enable all .net features

run the 'state loop' cleanup

reboot into 'selective statup'

Hope this info helps.

msmcm
Returning Member

you've provided a link for the products OTHER THAN business. Where is the file to manually update TURBOTAX BUSINESS 2019? (NOT turbotax home & business)

@msmcm   IF you had looked down at the bottom of the link provided for H&B....there is a link to the "Business" manual update too.  Turbo tax knows that some people get to the wrong FAQ place, and they certainly 'try" to provide additional links if you get in the wrong place........but here it is anyhow if you don't want to go back an look:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-business-software/00/25794

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
msmcm
Returning Member

I found it myself and got it done. The right update works fine for the right program. It seems the reason everybody else couldn't get it to work was the fact that it wasn't the right program update (sent to home&business - not business). IMHO, being *sent to the wrong file/FAQ link is different that finding the wrong link.

I don't necessarily disagree with you...it is a problem getting people to properly indicate what software they are actually using.  Far too many SAY  "Business", when they actually mean "Home&Business", or the other way around.  

The original Q posted here specifically indicated they were using H&B....and the immediate answer given was correct.  For all the tag-on posts after that, not a one of them (until yours) indicated they were using anything else except H&B.  

It's always going to be an issue in this type of forum...folks asking questions like that, or reporting problems...need to be accurate, and specific, as to which software set they are using.  

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies