Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't E-file

I am trying to e-file my 1040. TT states that I must update the software before I can e-file. I checked for updates and it is up to date but still can't e-file.

What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Can't E-file

Are you on Windows?   If your program says it's up to date or you can't update it then do the Manual Update.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

Can't E-file

Thank you for that. Now I get this error when manually installing the update:

Screenshot 2023-05-03 162417.gif

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Can't E-file

The link that VolvoGirl posted does not have the most recent manual update. Here is a link to download the current manual update for Windows, as of today, May 5, 2023.

https://patchdelivery.turbotax.intuit.com/w_perrelsuperpatchIS_ttax_2022.280.0100.exe

If this manual update doesn't fix the problem, or can't be installed, please tell us the exact message that you get when you try to e-file - the entire exact message, word for word - or post a screen shot of it.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Can't E-file

Let's check something else. On the menu bar at the top of the TurboTax window, click Help, then About TurboTax. In the About TurboTax window that opens, click the Components tab. What is the version number for TurboTax.exe? If it's 2022.47.28.59 your software is up-to-date. If the software is up-to-date, then the exact message that says you can't e-file might tell us something.

Can't E-file

If you installed from a CD originally please remove the CD from the disk drive as this could be your issue when trying to update. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies