Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

clw09

Can't activate Turbotax Home and Business

I am having the exact same issue! I cannot do any of the suggestions given in this article because  of a blank screen!

Reduce your screen resolution to 800x600

I tried all this to activate Costco purchased Turbotax Deluxe 2020 and it did not work. I called your customer support and to no avail. I hope you can help because I am to the point where I may have to end my long standing relationship with turbotax.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try changing your screen resolution in order to correct the issue.

Blank activation screen - ttlc.intuit.com

If that doesn't' work, please contact TurboTax support to receive help over the phone.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This worked!  Thank you for taking the time to post the resolution.

I had the same problem, spent two hours with various Turbo Tax experts, none of whom could give any help. Paid $1 to join Just Answer, then they wanted $52 to speak on the phone. I had a new HP, changed my display settings to 800x600 and the activation screen appeared. I can't understand why the experts at TurboTax don't know this as this problem is common among community users.

Yes changing the display resolution works, so ridiculous!!

worked for me too. how ridiculous.

pe7
Level 2

This is ridiculous. Brand new laptop. Turbo tax Premier.  Have to change screen resolution to 100%, put in 15 digit activation code, , then change screen resolution back to 125% so I can activate after it updates every time (which it does every time I open the app up) . What a hassle. Spent at least 30 minutes or more on phone to find solution.  If they don't fix I will be buying H&R block in future. Ive been using TT for at Least 10 years or more now. They're going to lose me if not corrected. 

Totally agree having gone through same hassle. It is ridiculous that this far into having TurboTax 2020 available, the Customer Service team is clueless on the solution. I have used TurboTax for more than 15 years and also am considering switching to H&R Block in the future. 

You poor man - I've experience the SAME EXACT issues and have spent days on it.  THANK YOU! Thank you for sharing - you were the solution to my TT problem. So sad even TT didn't know something this simple after also spending hours with them on the phone. I had researched online if others had this problem, but wasn't until today that I found your post.  THANK YOU AGAIN!

This resolution change worked for me too. 

Thank you. Your suggestion on screen resolution worked. Unbelieveable that it would be an issue.

Annm

TThank you resolution  was the problem. I was on the phone 2 hrs with turbo tax. They   could  not help. Resolution solved problems. 

Komisario

Thank you very much this really works. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies