sdbrowne1969

Can I still file with an error notice for 1099-div. Error says I need an entry in box 1a. There is only an entry in box 1b. Payee says form is correct.

Anita01

Qualified Dividends are only and always a portion or all of the Regular Dividends reported in 1a.  Qualified dividends can be less than or equal to the 1a amount but never more then that.  If the issuer is trying to tell you that the only dividends you received were qualified for capital gains treatment, you would have to fill in that same amount in 1a to make the form correct.

Anita01

is the box 1b entry for qualified dividends?

On a 1099Div, box 1b is only the part (or all) of box 1a that is qualified.  You need the same amount or more in box 1a.
sdbrowne1969

Yes entire entry is qualified dividends
Anita01

Then you would enter that amount in Box 1a
sdbrowne1969

Thank you.
Anita01